My shoot on Sunday was fairly simple and was quick to realize. Luckily, the weather was on my side and it was overcast, similar to the conditions when I did my lighting test the week before. It started to snow a bit while I was shooting but I like the effect it had - I added in more out-of-focus snow into my image in post, as my model had snowflakes in her hair but the image I chose had no snow-spots and I didn't feel like it matched up without the added snow.
My model was sitting down on a milk crate so that I could have the snow on the canal fill the background and I propped a silver reflector up on my camera bag in front of her, to boost a bit more light into her face & sweater. I shot at ISO 200 f/8 1/200th at a focal length of 170mm. However, my image isn't sharp and had a lot of noise and I'm not sure why that is. I also had difficulty with the red in my image: it is very over-saturated in some places. I didn't want to desaturate my picture as much as my inspiration photo because I liked the vividness of her scarf & lips but I wasn't able to fix the unevenness realistically in post - especially the lipstick. I've had a similar problem before when photographing red and I have to look into ways that I can address that problem, either on-camera or in post.

No comments:
Post a Comment